About Me (2019)

“GIF Dracula's Brides Are Rising. | 000 Dra c u l a ☆ | Pinterest | Dracula, Horror and Dracula Film.” Pinterest, www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/718394578034752344/

Dearly beloved,

We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of the late, great Claire (Redacted), Ambassador to Planet Zarg of Sector 28 and Queen of A Mass of Land Formally Known As Calgary (AMOLFKAC). 

She lived a long and happy life, and just as she had predicted, died at 101 years old. Let us find some comfort in that she died doing what she loved. A committed actor to the end, upon accidentally switching a prop dagger for a real one, she suffered a fatal (yet highly stylized) death. The audience mistook this mistake for a true loyalty to the bit, and remained at a standing ovation until the paramedics arrived.

A tragic loss.

She is survived by her two cats, Vincent (Redacted) and Jules (Redacted), and assorted children from assorted lovers. She states here in her will that she loves them all equally, and would like to explicitly express that their inheritance shall be split fairly. At the bottom, there is a short footnote that I shall now read.

“If any of you ungrateful creatures tries to get what is rightfully your siblings, I swear I shall rise from the dead and send the lot of you to your rooms. I don’t care that you are all adults. Do. Not. Test. Me.

Love,

Mom.”

Claire (Redacted) once confided in me the source of her inspirations, stating that it had all started in high school in her home town. As many of our distinguished guests here today met her there, I highly doubt this will come as a surprise.

It was there she found her people, a rare occurrence among youth at the time. Those around her accepted her, allowing an environment of creation and performance to flourish. She was hooked, a life long passion conjured. Claire would always say she was by no way a talented writer, actor, or director. Yet she loved to learn, to absorb the ideas of others. It was her passion to sit in the presence of brilliance. Much of that brilliance is sitting among us today.

She was a woman of an attempted confidence; she tried to live her life as if the countless insecurities that dogged her only appeared when she was alone. The appearance she tried to create was one of openness, of an “extended hand” and shoulder to cry on. Yet she was gripped by what others thought of her, and their countless possible interpretations of her actions. If she were here today, I’d want nothing more than to tell her how wrong she was to get caught up in those spirals. I’d want to tell her how valuable she is, and shed the voices of those who shouldn’t affect her.

Claire (Redacted) may not have been the ‘most’ of anything, but she was always what we needed. A laugh after a long day, an embrace after a few tears, a heart to close friends, and a soul to herself. She was a light in our lives, snuffed out by a cosmic twist of fate. (and prop dagger)

As we transition from grief to remembrance, I am reminded of something she said to me one night back when we were young. Upon reflection, it is perfectly applicable here.

I asked her of the legacy she would want to leave (after death or unexplained absence), and she told me it would be one of love.  A legacy of those around her feeling comfort, and on seeing this gathering of her life’s friendships, I hope she would feel accomplished.

A great woman’s life has ended, and for that we mourn. However, as provided by the (Redacted) estate, we invite you to ease your sorrows over at the open bar.

It’s what Claire would have wanted.

Side Note: I want to thank all those who take the time to visit my blog. The simple goal of this site is to express whatever comes into my head in a tangible, creative format; it is a place to escape judgement and to pour ideas from whatever organ wants to take control. I make no claim of greatness, I will claim to write what makes me feel pride and joy.

That is all I promise.

Personal best.

I hope it pleases you.

About Me Gif: author unknown. “Great Planet Gifs.” Best Animations, bestanimations.com/Earth&Space/Planets/Planets2.html.

Coffin Gif: “GIF Dracula’s Brides Are Rising. | 000 Dra c u l a ☆ | Pinterest | Dracula, Horror and Dracula Film.” Pinterest, www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/718394578034752344/

11 comments

1. bluesoilder4210 · February 27, 2019 at 7:43 pm ·

Dear Claire,

I love this piece, I can clearly hear your voice and from what I know of you this sounds exactly like you its beautiful and funny. I love that whole “If any of you ungrateful creatures…” bit, I could just imagine you saying this to someone, even through the format you used, this was great.

Now I have to find something to critique and really this would just be me nitpicking now. Try to have more of some figurative language, something to not compare you to others but more to nature or space I guess. That’s more of what I would have liked to see in this piece though.

I really liked this piece honestly it has quality and voice and I’m not sure what to critique here, this is very great and really sets a tone and mood. Great job with this Claire!

Sincerely,

Iqra

• claire351 · February 28, 2019 at 2:47 am ·

Dear Iqra,

I’m so glad my voice came through, as I was worried about it. Thank you for your comment, and your wonderful feedback!

Sincerely,

Claire

2. peanut3177 · February 28, 2019 at 8:47 pm ·

This is a test comment.

3. Eunice · February 28, 2019 at 10:09 pm ·

Dear Claire,

WOW!!! The comedic effect in this poem was so beautifully well done!! Especially the, “The audience mistook this mistake for a true loyalty to the bit, and remained at a standing ovation until the paramedics arrived” and “we invite you to ease your sorrows over at the open bar”, it had me laughing. Sorry, if that was not your idealistic approach.

The only improvement I would suggest is being more vulnerable towards your audience. You did mention in one paragraph how you are a women of attempted confidence and you care about what others think of you, which I would have never guessed. However in majority of your piece it was talking about your known passion which is acting and writing, but I wish I could have gotten to know what makes you, without heavily focusing on those aspects.

Lastly, I like your format and style of this ‘about me’ because I would have never guessed to do that. I look forward to reading more of your piece in the future!

Eunice ✝

• claire351 · March 1, 2019 at 1:49 am ·

Dear Eunice,

Don’t worry, that was totally my intention to be funny, and I’m glad it was. Thank you for your feedback and your time!

Sincerely,

Claire

4. swapanthi · March 3, 2019 at 6:34 pm ·

Dear Claire,

The first thing I noticed about your blog was the quote underneath your title. “Claire is in space” goes really nicely with, “but her feet are still chained to the ground”. I thought that was really cool. It gave me the impression that even though you like to dream, you’re a very down to earth kind of girl.

I really liked the way you wrote your About Me. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought it was written sort like a eulogy. I think that was a really creative way to write the piece because it gave the reader the impression that your About Me wasn’t only what you thought of yourself, but also what others thought of you.

I think maybe you could’ve written a little bit more about yourself. In your piece, you wrote a lot of your interests such as writing, acting and directing. Perhaps you could have incorporated some more of your interests and hobbies.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your About Me. I thought it was very well written and I will definitely read more of your writing!

Sincerely,
    Swapanthi

• claire351 · March 3, 2019 at 7:02 pm ·

Dear Swapanthi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I am so happy you liked the format of my About Me, and I agree on getting more of my personality in the piece. I also want to thank you on taking the time on check outing my blog aesthetic, I just updated it, and was worried that it didn’t mesh.

Thank you,

Claire

5. 1ahseya1 · March 6, 2019 at 6:57 pm ·

Dear Claire,
    I loved reading your ‘about me’ and really like the aesthetic of your blog! Your blog title, “claire is in space.” and your quote “but her feet are chained to the ground.” go together and I think this is very creative and I am glad you came up with this. I loved the way you wrote your ‘about me’ in third person, this was also very creative.
    I personally could not find any mistakes in your work but something you could have improved is talking more about yourself rather than just your interests, like Swapanthi said.
    Other than that I loved reading your about me and I look forward to reading more of your work!
    sincerely,
    Ayesha

• claire351 · March 6, 2019 at 9:11 pm ·

Dear Ayesha,

Thank you so much for your comment! I’m glad you like the aesthetic of my blog; that’s one of my favourite parts of this whole process. 🙂 Also thank you for saying their are no mistakes (GUMPS) as I have been working on that.

Thank you,

Claire

6. Matte Blk · February 11, 2022 at 10:32 pm ·

Heads up, girl:
    Take your first finger and
    hold it close to your thumb.
    The space in between is how
    long our lives are; then comes
    eternity: Heaven or the Abyss
    (yes, dear, Purgatory is true as
    the Son Shining upon humanity).
    And who decides which realm?
    We, ourselves and our eyes.
    ☆ nrg2xtc.blogspot.com ☆
    I’m a Near Death Experiencer.
    GBY

• Matte Blk · August 10, 2023 at 10:27 pm ·

‘If you die
      before you die,
      when you die,
      you will never die’
      -Jesus
      ● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
      Cya soon, miss gorgeous…